Company: GE Healthcare, LLC Date of Enforcement Report: 6/26/2019 Class II PRODUCT LVivo EF app on Vscan Extend. Sold under the following product names: a. Vscan Extend Dual DICOM, Model Numbers H41212ZA, H41212RN; b .Vscan Extend Dual USB, Model Number H41212RK; c. Vscan Extend Dual Wi-Fi, Model Numbers H41212YZ, H41212RL; d. Vscan Extend Sector DICOM,...Read More
Company: Monarch Medical Technologies Date of Enforcement Report: 6/26/2019 Class II PRODUCT Monarch Medical Technologies EndoTool IV, Versions 1.8, Version 1.8.5 and higher, and Version 1.9 and Version 1.10. Recall Number: Z-1786-2019 REASON Insulin dosing calculations were erroneously high. RECALLING FIRM/MANUFACTURER Monarch Medical Technologies on 5/3/2019. Voluntary: Firm Initiated recall is ongoing. VOLUME OF PRODUCT...Read More
Company: Arkray Factory USA, Inc. Date of Enforcement Report: 6/26/2019 Class II PRODUCT AUTION HYBRID AU-4050 Recall Number: Z-1850-2019 REASON This correction is being initiated due to a software issue which results in the possibility of incorrect patient information being assigned to sample results when the following rare combination of three specific events were to...Read More
This content is only available to Premium subscribers. See our Subscribe page for information on subscriptions. As more "software as a medical device" (SaMD) applications are developed and marketed, there has been an increased focus on what activities and documentation are required for compliance with US medical device regulations and applicable ISO standards. Along with...Read More
May and June 2019 was a busy period for software related recalls – there were 28 recalls as you will see later in the Newsletter. As you plan your software quality assurance activities, we encourage review of published recalls and consider what steps you have in your process to prevent similar problems. Onward toward higher...Read More
Need Your Input!
We have been researching where and when to hold our next 3-day 62304/FDA training course and we want your feedback!
1) Does the location in the US for a public course matter to you … for example, west coast (e.g., San Francisco area) vs. east coast (e.g., Boston)?
2) What locations do you prefer?
3) Would you prefer just the 3-day FDA/62034 course or to have the option of a full week 3-day course followed by cybersecurity 1-day, and a usability 1-day?
4) What other countries would you want to see our course offered publicly?
5) What are best two months of the year for the course? What are the least favored (not workable) months?