FDA announced the next phase of its Pre-Cert Test Plan implementation. Pre-Cert refers to the the pre-certification program that FDA’s Digital Health unit has been piloting. The program targets SaMD devices only at this time. This next phase seeks SaMD companies, willing to volunteer, that foresee a De Novo request or 510(k) submission within the...Read More
FDA is entering the test phase of its Digital Health Precertification (Pre-Cert) Pilot Program. General information on this program can be found at: https://www.fda.gov/MedicalDevices/DigitalHealth/DigitalHealthPreCertProgram/default.htm including FAQs at: https://www.fda.gov/MedicalDevices/DigitalHealth/DigitalHealthPreCertProgram/ucm577330.htm Milestones and next steps can be found at: https://www.fda.gov/MedicalDevices/DigitalHealth/DigitalHealthPreCertProgram/ucm584020.htm Generally, this program is for some of what FDA refers to as Software as a Medical Device (SaMD). ...Read More
"Based upon the company’s precertification level and the level of risk for the device, the product (or modifications to a product) may be able to go directly to market or undergo a streamlined submission review"Read More
Need Your Input!
We have been researching where and when to hold our next 3-day 62304/FDA training course and we want your feedback!
1) Does the location in the US for a public course matter to you … for example, west coast (e.g., San Francisco area) vs. east coast (e.g., Boston)?
2) What locations do you prefer?
3) Would you prefer just the 3-day FDA/62034 course or to have the option of a full week 3-day course followed by cybersecurity 1-day, and a usability 1-day?
4) What other countries would you want to see our course offered publicly?
5) What are best two months of the year for the course? What are the least favored (not workable) months?