Advanced Botanical Consulting & Testing Inc dba ABC Testing
CMS Number: 572991
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) inspected your contract testing laboratory, Advanced Botanical Consulting and Testing Inc. dba ABC Testing (FEI 3003693795) at 1169 Warner Ave, Tustin, California, from November 1 to 13, 2018.
This warning letter summarizes significant violations of current good manufacturing practice (CGMP) regulations for finished pharmaceuticals. See 21 CFR, parts 210 and 211.
Because your methods, facilities, or controls for manufacturing, processing, packing, or holding do not conform to CGMP, your drug products are adulterated within the meaning of section 501(a)(2)(B) of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FD&C Act), 21 U.S.C. 351(a)(2)(B).
We reviewed your December 4, 2018, response in detail and acknowledge receipt of your subsequent correspondence.
During our inspection, our investigator observed specific violations including, but not limited to, the following:
1. Your firm failed to establish and document the accuracy, sensitivity, specificity, and reproducibility of its test methods (21 CFR 211.165(e)).
2. Your firm failed to ensure that laboratory records included complete data derived from all tests necessary to ensure compliance with established specifications and standards (21 CFR 211.194(a)).
3. Your firm failed to exercise appropriate controls over computer or related systems to assure that only authorized personnel institute changes in master production and control records, or other records (21 CFR 211.68(b)).
4. Your firm failed to routinely calibrate, inspect, or check according to a written program designed to assure proper performance of and to maintain adequate written records of calibration checks and inspections of automatic, mechanical, electronic equipment, or other types of equipment, including computers, used in the manufacture, processing, packing, and holding of a drug product (21 CFR 211.68(a)):
- You also did not have software validation for the Microsoft Excel spreadsheets used to calculate results for your modafinil and armodafinil assays as well as (b)(4) moisture content analysis for triamcinolone.
Issuing Office: Division of Pharmaceutical Quality Operations IV