COURSE DATES: June 4 – 6, 2019
TRAINING LOCATION: Boston, MA USA
COST: 3 Full Days for $2,495.00
April 2019 Discounted seats: $1,895.00
Get 5% off for 2 or more from same company registering with same payment!
This three-day course provides a clear understanding of the 62304 standard for medical device software, FDA expectations for software, and much more. The course compares and contrasts 62304 with FDA expectations and discusses approaches for alignment between them. In addition, participants will learn of other standards and technical reports pertinent to medical device software, HealthIT, medical mobile apps, and Software as a Medical Device (SaMD) products (e.g., 82304, 80002-1, 14971, 80001-2-x, 62366). Special update includes SoftwareCPR recommendations for SaMD considering FDA Pre-Cert program!
Participants will gain practical advice and pragmatic experience with all types of medical software. Participants will leave with a clear understanding of how to effectively and efficiently integrate 62304 compliance into their software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Amendment 1 changes to 62304 (changes to risk and dealing with legacy software)
- Using Agile methods for medical device and HealthIT software – while remaining compliant!
- Software risk management guidance from 80002-1
- Using software safety classes to prioritize rigor and documentation
- IEC 82304 for Health IT and standalone software
- Cybersecurity planning, evaluation, and validation
- IEC 62366-1 formative and summative usability/human factors for validation
Plus this bonus material:
- Update on emerging standards impacting medical device and HealthIT software
- Discussion on how privacy requirements (e.g., HIPAA) might intersect with risk management activities and cybersecurity procedures
- Other relevant medical standards for networking safety
- Workshops and exercises integrated throughout teaching modules
This 3 day course will be taught by John F. Murray, Jr., Alan Kusinitz, and Brian Pate of SoftwareCPR.
More information on SoftwareCPR courses at this link.
Full credentials on our website: www.softwarecpr.com
Who Should Attend?
Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs professionals. This course will provide a clear understanding of requirements versus areas of flexibility and provide checklists and questions to use for gap analysis, auditing, and vendor and OEM qualification and management.
Product Owners, Scrum Masters/Coaches, software development managers/engineers, risk management, and test engineers. This course provides examples, checklists, and partial templates as well as improving articulation and defense of your approaches to regulatory bodies, internal quality assurance, and regulatory affairs departments.
Boston University – 10 Buick Street, 18th Floor. http://www.bu.edu/meetatbu/explore-our-facilities/residence-halls/adult-groups/10-buick-street/
There are many hotels nearby. Also, Boston University has both private bedroom/shared bathroom and private bedroom/private bathroom options available (part of BU Student Housing). The rooms are located in 10 Buick Street and payment is due at the time of booking. Refer to BU Housing for cancellation policies. If anyone would like information on BU Housing, please fill out the form below and we will contact you!